Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization Test (FAVNT) for Rabies
- The FAVNT results for Rabies are accepted only when the test was conducted in the lab. certified by the OIE standard lab. for rabies.
- The requested serum for testing is pre-processed and then subjected to neutralization with the rabies virus.
- Afterwards, susceptible cells are injected, dyed with fluorescent antibody after 3-4 days, and the maximum dilution rate for virus inhibition is calculated in the international unit (IU).
- If the antibody is 0.5 IU/ml or above, it meets the requirement to pass the domestic and international quarantine.
- Since 2012, the KBNP Technology Institute has been approved by the OIE standard lab. for rabies as an official testing institute for rabies neutralizing antibody.
- The rabies antibody testing results from the KBNP’s Technology Institute on dogs and cats are accepted by all countries in the European Union (EU) as the official data for international reference.